When QR codes first started to appear in the market in the year 2011-2012, the use of internet and mobile phone were comparatively low as compared to the current situation. Still, these codes were scanned 3.3 million times back then. If we compare the figures, Smartphone penetration reached to 76.6% from 44% in 2011, and internet usage also increased to 42.77% from 32% in 2013. It means that companies utilizing QR codes as a marketing tool are at a great benefit and one step ahead of their competition. And most successful business marketers in the UK understand this prospect and have already using QR codes to increase customer engagement.
So How Are They a Game Changer?
There are certain examples of how these codes are being utilized in today’s industries and government bodies. Some of them are as follows
- To make payments of consumer energy bills.
- To engage donors for charity and make their journey quick and easy.
- To engage audience in social media marketing campaigns.
- To direct the customers to your landing page or website, or even your business number to send a message or contact you.
- To improve in-store conversion rates and in turn, boost sales.
- To assist people with location using QR codes’ integrated trails.
Brand marketers and industry analysis show that as QR codes become more effective, pervasive, and quick, consumers can be helped with their functionality in almost every field of life. If you’re already looking forward to creating a QR code for yourself, QRZebra.com is the best option. According to our investigation, a customized QR code in QRZebra.com could enhance 30% scans compared with a traditional black-and-white QR code. In case of further questions, feel free to contact us.