Most QR code generators use their own link shortener, this means if a user scans they might sometimes first see the domain of the QR code generator that you are using. With QRzebra you can choose to add your own domain and use the software as white label.
There are many benefits:
A, User can see your brand when they scan a QR code, this helps in your branding and users will more easier to click on the URL.
B, You can later still redirect the URL of your domain to any other website yourself.
To set up your own domain, follow these steps:
1. First go to the service center of your hosting or domain package to:
- Create a sub-domain such as "qr.yourdomain.tld".
- Go to the domain settings and search for the DNS settings of this sub-domain set a
CNAME-Record to our domain qrzebra.com
2. Once that’s set up, log into our software and:
- go to your “Account” on QRzebra.
- Choose ”Your own domain” option from the menu.
- Enter your sub-domain (such as "qr.yourdomain.tld") in the short URL field and verify.
Note that it may take up to 24 hours before all worldwide DNS servers are updated and for our system to recognize the changes. If you encounter any difficulties setting up your own short URL domain, please get in touch with your IT or hosting company.
If you have any questions you can always contact us on our website.