After standard QR codes, branded QR codes have become an important component of business marketing. They are becoming prominent every single day with a majority of business owners incorporating them in their advertisements. The question is, “Are visual QR codes are as fascinating as business owners and consumers claim? Or this is just another marketing tool or tactic that won’t last for long. Follow us through this post and we’ll let you know some reasons why big brands are all moving to customized tractable visual QR codes.
Big Brands Using branded QR codes
Established business owners are well known of the fact that the branding market is extremely competitive and it is important for marketers to keep one step ahead of their competitors. In this environment, using visual QR codes over regular QR codes can be highly effective.
I myself tend to go for interesting, colorful, and beautiful QR codes than those black and white squares. In this way, big brands have availed the use of visual QR code because it can effectively implement to ensure high website traffic or product sales. This also let the business owners, companies, and even consumers stay ahead of their competitors and this is one of the few reasons why visual QR codes are thriving all around the world.
Image of a visual QR campaign of Luis Vuitton in Tokyo/ Japan Takashi Murakami
Let’s take an example of Louis Vuitton, a recognized brand all over the world, using visual QR codes for their business marketing. We see that the use of QR codes is growing quickly, in China, South Korea and Japan and not just for marketing purpose. Brands like Louis Vuitton are continuing to use visual QR codes as their marketing purpose. You might have also seen some well-known companies calming QR codes are as worse as useless. Well, the difference between the companies who get success and increase sales using QR codes versus the companies who use this technology and fails depends upon the strategy being implemented.
Practical Use of Visual QR codes
If you’re looking to have this luxury QR code incorporated into your brand. Here is the list of some methods that have been used all around the world – as well as some that I hope you will notice in the market in the very near future.
- Rare of your visiting card or business card
- Your marketing materials i.e. brochures, posters, cards etc.
- The sides of your product packaging
- The sides of trucks and trailers that tend to move all around the country
- Event Tickets front or back
- Sale Receipts
- Restaurant Menus where people may scan the code while waiting for the order
In the end, I would like to say that creating customized visual QR code is as much creativity as science. The mathematical design of visual QR code and the impact of unique design can truly affect a business ahead of its competition. It’s only a matter your time you will feel a dramatic change in customer engagement. However, make sure all marketing strategies are employed effectively.
Tracking of your visual QR codes
Another reason brands go for visual QR codes is that you can track data of your visual QR code what delivers important data of your marketing campaigns! You can track the following things:
- How many people scan your QR code. (Total number and unique scans)
- Where people scan your QR code. (The geographic location)
- When people scan your QR code. (Hour by hour, in real time)
- How long individuals spend on your website after scanning your QR code.
- Total number of website pages individuals view after scanning your QR code.
- Types of devices and phones used to scan your QR code (i.e. Android, iPhone, etc.).